Deadline to Submit Event Proposals – October 26, 2012
What make the Abilities Expos so successful? Is it the fact that so many products and services are available under one roof? Is it the compelling, must-see workshops? Or the fun, interactive events and activities? Yes, yes and…yes.
We are eager to bring our attendees workshop and events that inform, instruct, engage and entertain. And, for that, we need you!
Right now we are seeking people and organizations to present demonstrations and events at Abilities Expo Atlanta 2013.
If you would like to be present an event, please review the information on this page and submit a proposal. Deadline to submit is October 26, 2012.
About Abilities Expo Demonstrations and Events:
- The goal of Abilities Expo events is to share activities with attendees and connect them how they can participate in their local area
- Presented all three days of the show
- Usually 30 minutes long
- Take place on the show floor (not in a separate room)
- FREE to attendees!
- The IDEAL event includes a demonstration AND an opportunity for attendees to try the activity
- Important! Your event should include a presenter who is comfortable talking to attendees on a microphone – to explain the demonstration and tell attendees more about the activity
- Motivational speakers and events with loud music are not appropriate for this setting.
Interested in Presenting an Event?
Please contact us by at the deadline listed above. Remember that we confirm most events at least 3 full months prior to the show. Let us know more about the event you want to present. Send the following in an email to Sarah Laucks at email@example.com:
- A paragraph description of your event (5-6 sentences)
- Be sure to describe how you will include Expo attendees in your event
- Your website and a paragraph about why you or your organization is a good choice to present this event
- Your full name, phone number and email address
The most popular events are those that focus on living life fully with a disability. Sample events and activities that have been successful at past shows include:
- Adaptive Sports
- Assistance Dog Demos
- Dancing (all types!)
- Dramatic Performance
- Exercise and Fitness
- Fun Activities such as face painting and juggling
- Activities for kids such as sports, crafts, music, and story-telling
- Gardening Demos
- Meet and Greets with Athletes, Celebrities and Mascots
- Musical Performances for Kids
Contact the Events and Education Director:
Sarah Galbraith Laucks, CMP